- Welcome to TACH
- Find a Centre
- Find A Neighbourhood House
- North West Neighbourhood Houses
- Northern Neighbourhood Houses
- Southern Neighbourhood Houses
- Bridgewater Community Centre (Jordan River Service Inc)
- Bucaan Community House
- Clarendon Vale Neighbourhood Centre
- Derwent Valley Community House
- Dowsing Point Community Centre
- Dunalley & Tasman Neighbourhood House
- Gagebrook Community Centre (Jordan River Service Inc.)
- Geco – Geeveston Community Centre
- Goodwood Community Centre
- Maranoa Heights Community Centre
- Okines Community House
- Pittwater Community Centre
- Risdon Vale Neighbourhood Centre
- Rokeby Neighbourhood Centre
- Warrane Mornington Neighbourhood Centre
- West Moonah Community House
- West Winds Community Centre
- Women's Karadi Aboriginal Corporation
- West Coast Neighbourhood Houses
- News & Events
- Jobs and Volunteering Opportunities
- Neighbourhood House Awards 2013 Nominations Open
- TACH CONFERENCE
- Community Spirit Challenge 2013
- National Neighbourhood House Week 2013
- National Simultaneous Storytime 2013
- TACH News and Media Releases
- Case Study and Evaluation Toolbox
- Child Care Resources
- Everyday Literacy – Some Useful Resources
- Get Healthy – Some Useful Resources
- Mental Health Resources
- Neighbourhood House Annual Reporting 2011/12
- Partnership Resources
- Community Gardens
- Men’s & Community Sheds
- TACH Publications
- Australian Neighbourhood Houses and Centres Association National Survey Report
- TACH Newsletter
- TACH Member Resources
Geco – Geeveston Community Centre
9b School Road
Geeveston Tasmania 7116
|Mobile:||0439 818 172|
9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
10am - 3pm Saturdays
We’re dedicated to working with the community to address local needs, provide or promote quality opportunities for learning and growth and to continue to support a vibrant community.
A Child Health Nurse
visits the centre Wednesday and Friday’s – Appointments are made via the Huon Community Health Centre 6264 8850
Huon Domestic Violence Service
a free and confidential counselling, support and referral service for those in a domestic violence relationship 6264 2222
Harmonic Health & Nutrition
Michelle Roockley, Nutritionist attends the centre – Tuesday’s and Thursday’s Harmonising all aspects of lifestyle, health and nutrition in order to achieve the highest quality of life, well being and peace of mind.
Appointments can be made by contacting Michelle on 0417 812 258.
NILS – No Interest Loans Scheme
NILS provides no interest loans of up to $1200 for essential household and other items such as fridges, washing machines, car tyres, computers, beds and bedding and hot water cylinders. Call NILS on 1300 301 650 for an application, the centre assists applicants to fill in and return the forms to NILS.
The Dog House
The Dog House is a ‘genderless’ men’s shed made possible by a number of sponsors, Geeveston/Dover Community Bank, Huon Valley Council and Women Tasmania. Woodworking machinery such as lathes, table saws, bandsaws, sanders, thicknessers and drill presses are available for use as part of courses and, with conditions, casual use. The motto of the Dog House is Learn something, make something, Teach something.
U3A (University of the Third Age) meets – Wednesday’s 10am – 12am at the centre or on day trips of a social and educational nature for seniors.
New members welcome. Contact – Wendy Munson 6297 1909
Local Seed Saving Network
Contact Charlie Rich on 6297 9962
Transition Town Group (Geeveston Sustainability Initiative)
Monthly meetings on the final Saturday with workshops on local sustainability such as increasing local food production and skills such as cheese and breadmaking,gardening, composting, alternative energy and energy conservation. Contact Michelle on 0417 812 258 or Linda at the Community Centre.
Senior First Aid courses
are run periodically at the centre by St Johns Ambulance. Please enquire regarding the next available course.
The centre has a 12 seater Ford Transit van for hire by community groups and organisations for outings, educational and sporting purposes. $60 per booking , $100 refundable bond on the vehicle being returned undamaged and with a full tank on return policy. Check out our website for more details.
The centre owns a community trailer which is garaged at Scotts Mitre10 in Brady Street, Geeveston – all bookings are through the store which can be contacted on 6297 1296. Cost $20 a day or $10 for Healthcare Card holders. $50 refundable bond on the trailers undamaged return. Check the website for more details.
The centre has a number of 3X3 metre gazebos and 3X6m marquees for hire. $20 a weekend. Check the website for more details.
B&W A4 – 20c A3 – 40c
Colour A4 – 50c A3 – $1
and Internet Access
Membership is $5 per year. Members are entitled to discounts including photocopying, laminating, community bus hire, and specified courses at the centre. Our volunteer policy is to provide safe and interesting opportunities that recognise and value volunteers skills.